What You Can Expect When You BUY
Colorado Springs is one of the most popular places to live in the United States. It's located where the Great Plains meet the Rocky Mountains, making it one of the most geographically diverse cities in the country. With this kind of unique geography, Colorado Springs offers a collection of diverse neighborhoods with distinct characteristics to explore.
We have researched our local MLS to determine which neighborhoods sold the most homes last year. We organized our results below. These neighborhoods are heavily trafficked and constantly growing in size. They continue to develop and flourish each year, becoming staples of our local community. With many popular businesses setting up locations in Colorado Springs, the city has no end in sight, in terms of growth. Including: In-N-Out Burger, Whataburger, and Aerospace corp.
If you're considering living in Colorado Springs, you'll want to know about these neighborhoods, whether you live in them or not. Chances are high that you'll meet someone from one of these neighborhoods at some point. They house a large portion of the population here in Colorado Springs and they all have their one unique characteristics and amenities.
Download Our FREE Buyer's Guide to learn more about the process
and some of Terry's techniques to help you win on your first offer.
How to buy a home in this hot market if I have to first sell my current home to qualify for my next home!
This can be a real challenge in this hottest market in history, but you have several choices.
1. Write an offer on your next home that is contingent upon the sale of your current home. Problem: The reality of this situation is that as competitive as the market is, most homes have multiple offers. If your home is not even on the market yet, because you want to find your next home first, almost no seller will accept a contingency based on selling your home when there are so many buyers who do not have to sell first, or who can even pay cash. It is a very long shot that your offer will be accepted.
2. Put your home on the market, get it under contract, THEN find a home to buy. Problem: There just aren’t enough homes on the market. If you can’t find one that you like AND find a seller who will still accept a contingent sale, you are obligated to YOUR buyer to sell and let them move in, unless you’ve negotiated to lease back after closing. Normally, that would be for a maximum of 60 days, since lenders require buyers to occupy their principal residence in 60 days. That would give you about 90 days to locate the next house (30 days to close yours, then 60 days lease back), which would be less of a leap of faith-but that still leaves the problem of getting a seller to accept your contingent offer-more likely once your home is under contract. If you wait until your home closes, while you rent back, then you are in the best position. However, you still have to worry that you’ll find that great home, but if you don’t, you will have to move into a rental if you can’t meet the occupancy deadline.
3. Sell and close on your current home and rent until you can locate your next home. Again, not ideal. It guarantees that you have to move twice, but you will be in a better negotiating position on buying your next home.
4. Use the Knock Home Swap program. This program is designed for your situation. This mortgage company will front you up to 6 months of payments on your current home AND lend you the money to purchase your next home. That way you locate your next home, close on it, move in, and THEN put your first home on the market. You miss the pain and inconvenience of showings, you know where you are going before you sell, and you don’t have to move twice!
5. Get an equity line of credit on you current home. If you have a great deal of equity in your home or it is entirely paid off, you can use this to finance your down payment on your next home-or even purchase it outright.
6. If you are a senior and your current home is paid off, you may be able to qualify for a Reverse Mortgage Purchase loan. Believe it or not, this loan allows you to purchase a home with no payments! When your current home sells, you can use the proceeds however you wish.
7. If your current home is paid off, or if you can qualify for the payments on the next home without selling yours, get a “Recast Mortgage”. I had clients who were in the position and had enough cash to close on their next home. (If they didn’t they could have done an equity line of credit.) The beauty of the recast mortgage is that when their home sold, they were able to “recast” their new mortgage loan by applying the proceeds from the sale of their previous home to the balance. The loan then is re-amortized with new lower loan balance, and their payments ped hundreds of dollars on the loan. Not every mortgage lender offers this program.
Receive detailed information before the public MINUTES after a listing goes live all for FREE!
(No Cost or Obligation)
Homes Sold in 2021: 314 homes
Lorson Ranch has experienced an immense amount of activity over the last few years. New construction took off in 2019 and made it the neighborhood with the most amount of homes sold for the first time in our records. The development of this community has been impressive to watch over the last few years.
Lorson Ranch's location makes it very popular with the military community in Colorado Springs. This is one of the reasons it has grown so fast. The new pre-school through 8th grade Grand Mountain School campus opened up in 2019. It's bound to add another considerable boost of growth to this great neighborhood. To see a video of the area, click the link below.
Homes Sold in 2021: 227 homes
For this article, we are considering Ridgeview at Stetson Hills and Stetson Hills as one entire neighborhood. To anyone not familiar with this area, you would not be able to tell where one community zone begins and the other ends.
Before Lorson Ranch took over the #1 spot for popularity, Stetson Hills was #1 in homes sold for many years. This neighborhood is conveniently located in the Powers Corridor, with quick access to shopping and restaurants. Stetson Hills also has some of the best parks in the city. These are two of the main reasons this community grew so big in such a small amount of time. Also, the home prices are affordable and offer more than most communities in the area.
Homes Sold in 2021: 391 homes
Meridian Ranch has been growing in popularity for several years now. It's located on the Northeast edge of town in the Falcon area. Meridian Ranch has some of the best amenities of any neighborhood in the city. The awesome amenities mixed with affordable home prices have caused the Falcon area to explode with growth recently.
Meridian Ranch is built around the Antler Creek Golf Course, one of the most heavily trafficked course on the front range mountains of Colorado. As Meridian Ranch grows, more commercial businesses are planting roots in the area. These new developments have further accelerated the growth of this community and the entire Falcon area at large.
Homes Sold in 2021: 252 homes
Wolf Ranch is a thriving community. Every year it continues to grow, while still maintaining the desirable aspects of its initial development. The parks, trails, and community centers attract many new homeowners to the neighborhood, as well as its convenient location.
Multiple builders in the Wolf Ranch community take pride in making it less "cookie-cutter" and more unique than some of the other larger neighborhoods in Colorado Springs. The original designs help Wolf Ranch maintain its popularity year after year, as well as its great amenities like Gateway Park and the recently added pool. As the neighborhood continues to expand, more parks and community centers will be added year after year.
BANNING LEWIS RANCH
Homes Sold in 2021: 367 homes
Banning Lewis Ranch has its own unique vibe unlike any other neighborhood in Colorado Springs. It was inspired by Irvine Ranch in California, with unique architecture and thoughtful street layouts. Their award-winning community center and attractive amenities have brought about growth in this community at breakneck speeds.
Banning Lewis Ranch is one of the most talked-about neighborhoods in the city, as it tends to raise the bar on design options. Its location, parks, trails, amenities, and home styles are some of the reasons it is one of the most popular neighborhoods in Colorado Springs every year.
Terry was very helpful in finding us just the right house for us to call home. We had quite a few challenges with the market being so hot and/or issues with the houses we had interest in. We were down to the wire on our closing when an issue came up that almost cost the sale to be cancelled. Terry came up with a solution to solve the problem so we could still close on our home and finally finish our search Thank you Terry for all your help !!
- Rikki & Judy
I could not be happier with Terry! We were first time home buyers that didn't know anything and had to have our hands held through the whole process and Terry could not have been any more wonderful to us! She is patient, kind, and extremely knowledgeable; extending herself to be genuinely helpful to answer all our questions and concerns- I really learned so much!! I would have her be our realtor and highly recommend her a million times over!
- Michelle R.
Mrs. Terry Naber is the best agent in the world. She helped me to find a good home. She is professional, responsive, and she has a great experience.
- Amin Kamranfar
Thinking Of Moving To Colorado Springs?
If you are planning a move to Colorado Springs be sure to consider some of the exciting yet interesting things to do in Colorado Springs as this may help you choose which specific area you would like to live in. If you love living in the city close to a lot of things to do, fun events, and generally speaking Downtown Colorado Springs has a nice steady flow of things to do such as concerts, local events, farmers markets, and even an early morning pancake breakfast with a parade of horse riders, music, dancing and more.
This event takes place in Downtown Colorado Springs which is an incredible place to live. There is so much to do, yet it is somewhat quiet (depending on where you live), and there are many early century single-family homes in the area north of Downtown Colorado Springs.
Other areas of Colorado Springs that are our favorites include Broadmoor, Black Forest, Fountain Valley, and Manitou Springs.
Broadmoor Area (2021: 212 Homes Sold)The Broadmoor Hotel built in 1918 is one of two 5-star hotels in Colorado. It holds a rich history and is simply an incredible place in all regards. The neighborhoods in this area range from single-family homes and townhomes in the 300's to multi-million dollar estates.
Black Forest (2021: 16 Homes Sold)Black Forest is exactly that, a big forest, from the sky, it looks black. Its a pretty amazing place with nature surrounding you filled with wildlife and in some areas incredible views of the Rocky Mountain Front Range, Pikes Peak, and Downtown Colorado Springs. There are properties available in Black Forest that fit a wide array of possibilities, from pieces of land listed below 100K to multi-million dollar estates. Most properties in this area are horse properties or otherwise not under the covenant control.
We love Fountain Valley because this area is truly unique when it comes to a unique perspective of Pikes Peak and the Front Range Rocky Mountains. Fountain Valley sits to the south of Colorado Springs so from most areas in Fountain Valley you can see Cheyenne Mountain as well as the famous Pikes Peak. Properties in this area range from modestly priced pieces of land to condos and smaller single-family homes starting in the 200's and going into the mid 500's for a larger single-family home with some acreage.
We love Manitou Springs because it is truly a unique place to live. You have so many options in Manitou Springs and there are a bunch of really cool houses close to the downtown area of Manitou Springs. If one of these quaint little properties comes on the market it is sure to go quickly as this area is a pretty awesome place to live. With a creek flowing through town and a few natural springs where you can go fill up your water bottles with natural spring water right out of the ground! Additionally, we love the Crystal Park area. This area is an incredible nature escape. There are so many fun and exciting things to do right out of their doorstep, like hiking, mountain biking, incredible wildlife watching opportunities, and they even are lucky enough to see mountain lions from time to time. If you like living in a mountainous area this area is definitely worth checking out.
If you are looking for places to hike and take your family's pet for an adventure, try out these places...
Receive detailed information before the public MINUTES after a listing goes live!
(No Cost or Obligation)
Please let us know if you would like a Custom Search for your dream home, so you can
be automatically update within minutes of new listings going live.
Complete the form below and Terry will follow up with information and questions.